Spicy Chili-cheese hot dogs with chili-cheese tater tots
Cast Iron Skillet
Rimmed Baking Sheet Pan
Silicone Baking Mat
Oven/Air Fryer oven
- 2 ½ lbs. Ground Hamburger
- 2 packs Hot Dogs
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 packs Hot Dog Buns
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Sauce or to taste
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the cast iron skillet over medium high, add oil and meat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once meat is cooked through add the Worcestershire, onion, garlic and chili powder and cook over medium high heat for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Add tater tots to the air fryer basket on middle shelf, set temp to 360° F and set timer for 20 minutes ( I prefer mine golden brown and crunchy, If you prefer yours not so crunchy set timer for 10-15 minutes.)
- While the Tater tots are cooking in the air-fryer, boil the hot dogs in a shallow skillet over high heat, with just enough water to cover about 5-6 minutes until heated through.
- Drain the water and return skillet to medium heat. Score the hot dogs on 2 sides with a knife, Melt the butter in the skillet and add the hot sauce. Stirring the hotdogs around in the butter and hot sauce until the hot dogs become slightly charred.
- Take a rimmed baking sheet and place silicone mat, place all buns opened with hot dogs, chili and shredded cheese. Take the tater tots and also place on same sheet tray, top with chili and cheese.
- Set oven to broil on high, rack about 6 inches from broiler. Place sheet pan in oven and cook for a few minutes until cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes (every oven is different so KEEP AN EYE on them so they don't burn)Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!