Spicy Chicken, Kimchi and Tofu Soup
Spicy Aisian Chicken Soup with tofu and kimchi
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tsp. Ginger peeled and minced
- 4 Anchovies minced
- 2 16 oz Kimchi (spicy) Drained (save ½ cup liquid)
- 1 lb. Silken Tofu
- 3 Green Onions white and light green parts only
- 4 cups Water
- ¼ tsp. Salt and Pepper
- Salsa Diablo to taste
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- ¼ Small Yellow onion Diced
- Heat Dutch Oven to medium-high, bring broth, water, chicken, garlic, ginger, anchovies and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through. About 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside to cool, then shred.
- Meanwhile, Add kimchi and reserved kimchi liquid to pot of broth and add shredded chicken, turn to low heat. Slowly add in spoonfuls of the tofu to the pot, be careful not to break it apart.
- Gently stir pot to submerge the tofu and chicken, bring to a gentel simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes to warm tofu through. Serve with cilantro, oinions and green oinions.Top with Salsa diablo and tortillas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!