Mexican Vegetable Soup with Meatballs
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Yellow onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro chopped
- 2 lbs. Ground Hamburger
- 1 Carrots cut into rounds
- 1 Jalapeños whole
- 1 bag baby potaotes quartered
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 8 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 Medium zucchini diced
- 3 Chayote Squash diced
- ⅓ cup Long Grain white Rice uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. Ancho Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 lemons juiced
- Salt and Pepper
- In Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan and add to bowl, let cool slightly.
- In the same bowl, once onions have cooled, add in the rice, cliantro and ground meat, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix until well combined. Wet hands and shape the meat mixure into 1 inch balls. Set aside.
- Combine the carrots, jalapeno, potaotes, tomato paste and vegetable stock to the dutch oven, bring to a rolling boil.
- Once at a full boil add in the meatballs, zuchinni and chayote and simmer at medium heat for 20-30 minutes until meat is cooked through. Add in the lemon juice and a little more salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cilantro and more onions if you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!