Shredded beef tacos with a luxurious sauce and cheese
- 10 ancho chilies dried, seeded and stemmed
- 10 Guajillo Peppers dried, seeded and stemmed
- 8 Chilie de arbol dried, seeded and stemmed
- 8 Roma Tomatoes cut in half
- 2 Large Onion cut in quarters
- 16 Garlic Cloves
- 8 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 6 lbs. bonless beef chuck roast cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Coriander
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 4 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 4 cups Mozzerella shredded
- 40 Corn Tortillas
- 8 Limes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300° F
- Combine the chilies, tomatoes, onion, garlic and beef broth in a large pot. Place over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in the Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. While pan is heating, season the roast pieces with salt and pepper to taste. Once oil is shimmering, sear the beef in batches, browing on all sides about 7-8 minutes. Once done, transfer to plate.
- Take the chilies and tomatoes mixture and put in a blender, blending until completely smooth. Add the sauce to the Dutch oven, scraping up all the dark yummy bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the meat back to the pot, with all the juices. Add in the vinegar, and spices along with the cinnamon and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and cover, then transfer dutch oven to the oven and cook until beef is very tender about 3 hours.
- Remove the beef to a bowl and shred. Set aside.
- Take a torilla and dip it into the sauce mixture, coating both sides well. Place the tortilla on the grill over medium heat, top with some mozzerella cheese and some of the beef. Add a little onion and cilantro and wait until it gets a little crispy then fold the taco in half covering the insides. You will cook the tacos about 45 seconds to 1 minute per side. Remove to a platter and squeese with lime juice. Take some of the sauce and add it to a small bowl and use for dipping your tacos.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!