CAVATAPPI WITH RIBEYE STEAK, ASPARAGUS, PEAS, AND CRISPY PROSCIUTTO
Ribeye steak and pasta with vegetables and prosciutto
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- 16 oz. Cavatappi pasta
- 4 oz. proscuitto thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic minced
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Lemon juice only
- 8 oz. Asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1½ cup Peas fresh or frozen
- 1½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup Basil Fresh and chopped
- 3 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Using a large pot , add salted water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Add asparagus pieces and cook for another 6 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a dutch oven heat 1 tsp of the oil, over medium heat, once hot and shimmering, season both steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Cook to your liking, we like ours medium rare so about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil to the Dutch oven, Once shimmering, add the prosciutto. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to paper towel lined plate, set aside.
- Add the diced onions and garlic to pan, stirring occasionally until onions just begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice and butter to the pan, let simmer for 4-5 minutes or until butter has fully melted and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Add cooked pasta, asparagus, peas, parmesan cheese, steak and salt and pepper to taste. If needed add up to ½ cup of the pasta water that you reserved. Top with basil and crispy prisciutto.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!