Fajitas de arrachera y camarón
Skirt steak and Shrimp Fajitas
Zip lock Bag
- 2 lbs. Arrachera cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 lb Large Shrimp peeled and deviened
- 1 Large Onion sliced
- 2 Jalapeños sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Oil
- Mix the seasonings together and split in half.
- Heat skillet over medium- high heat then add ½ tsp oil. once shimmering add bell peppers, onions and jalapenos. Cook until tender but not mushy. about 5-6 minutes
- Take veggies out of pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add meat in a ziplock bag and add half of the seasoning and shake together making sure to coat all of the meat on all sides.
- Add the other ½ tsp. oil and once hot and shimmering add the meat in batches, browing and cooking through about 2-3 minutes. Take the meat out and set it aside on a plate.
- Once all of the meat is finished you should have some fat left in the pan with all the meat juices. Add the shrimp and the other ½ of the seasonings. Cooking the shrimp until translucent and pink, about a minute or 2 each side.
- Once shrimp is fully cooked but not over cooked, turn off heat, add meat and its juices and veggies back to the pan with the shrimp and combine together and cook for 2-3 minutes warming the veggies back up on the residual heat from the pan. Serve hot with tortillas
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!