Chinese Dumplings with Dipping Sauce
Medium Mixing bowl
Small mixing bowl
Dip size bowls
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Warm Water
- Place all the flour in medium bowl. Add the water, a little at a time, mixing constantly with your hands until a stiff dough comes together.
- Place the dough ball onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until it is smooth, about 8-10 min.
- Place the now, kneaded dough into clean bowl and cover it with a damp towel. Let the dough rest in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours, put dough back onto a lightly flours surface, knead the dough again for 3-5 min and cut it into half.
- Roll each piece into a 1 inch diameter in the shape of a "breadstick" (roughly 8 inches long). Let the dough "breadsticks" rest on a lightly floured surface, covered with a small damp kitchen towel, for 30 min while you prepare your filling.
- Using a food processor shred the carrots and ginger. Transfer the mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Pulse the mushrooms and shrimp in the food processor and place them in the bowl with the carrots.
- Finally, process the cabbage and chives until finely chopped. Add them to the bowl with the other veggies. (Do all of this seperatly as written as to not over process and turn into mush)
- Heat the oil in a wok and sauté the veggie mixture until it is heated through, 3-4 min.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and transfer it back to the small mixing bowl that you put the veggies in earlier. Let the mixture cool slightly and then add in the soy sauce, and ground pepper. MIx well then taste, add salt and pepper and soy sauce as needed, then add the egg.
Dumplings Part 2
- Roll out dough to ⅛ thick square. Use the dumpling makers flat side to cut out the circles to make the dumplings.
- Add the cirle of dough to the top/curvy side of the dumpling maker, add 1-2 teaspoons of filling to one side, fold dumpling maker shut and press firmly to make sure to close the dough so it doesn't allow the filling to spill out. Continue this process until you have made all of your dumplings.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the dumplings one by one quickly but safely and stir the water gently until the water starts to boil again. Making sure dumplings don't stick together.
- Cook 3-5 minutes you will notice they float, but let them cook the full time. about 1-2 minutes after they start floating.
- Add all ingredients into small dipping bowl and stir.
I like to serve with Vegetable noodles in a sweet teriyaki sauce
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!