Rellenos de Papa con Pollo
Chicken stuffed potato bites
Large Mixing bowl
Medium Mixing bowl
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ pack Sazón Seasoning
- 6 Russet Potatoes cooked and mashed, no skins
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1 tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ Red Bell Pepper diced
- ½ Green Bell Pepper diced
- 2-3 Chicken breasts Boiled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano preferably Mexican
- 1 cup Potato Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil
- Mix together the butter and sazón seasoning in a saucepan over low heat, stir until melted.
- In a Large mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, melted butter, heavy cream and one egg, along with the cornstarch, chili powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper (to taste). Mix until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the peppers, chicken, oregano and salt and pepper (to taste) Stir to combine completely.
- In a large Dutch oven add about 3 inches of oil, heat over medium heat until it reaches 375° F.
- While oil is heating ,take about 1 Tbsp. of the potato mixture into your hand and roll into a ball (about a golf ball size). Using the back of a teaspoon or your finger make a dent into the now formed ball, making room for the filling.
- Place a small amount of the chicken filling into the the dent of the potato mixture, then make a second ball of potato mixture, add the two balls on top of each other sandwiching them together, making sure to close any seams.
- Roll the potato balls in your hand, lightly making sure they have become one. Continue making more balls the same way.
- Lightly beat the other egg in a small bowl, add the potato flakes to a small dish or plate and season lightly with salt.
- Dip each ball into the egg, then the potato flakes. Making sure the ball is completely covered with the flakes. Set aside and continue until you have all balls covered with the potato flakes.
- Fry the balls, in batches until cooked through and golden brown about 4-6 minutes. Drain on paper towel lined plate and arrange on a serving platter to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!