Chicken Pot Pie
Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken Tenders
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Italian Seasoning dried
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas and carrots
- 1 Small Yellow onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves diced
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Pie Crust Store bought thawed or homemade
- 1 Eggs beaten
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Sprinkle Chicken tenders with the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Heat Cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil, when oil starts to shimmer, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through and golden brown about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Remove the chicken and place onto a plate to cool slightly. Once cool chop into ½ to 1 inch pieces.
- To the same skillet, add the onions and peas and carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the onions become translucent about 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Sprinkle the vegetables with the flour and stir until the flour is absorbed into the mixture and add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer stirring until thickened.
- Once the liquid has thickened stir in the heavy cream and season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mixture to Casserole dish, add in chicken and combine. Top mixture with pie crust, folding in the edges. Cut 4 small 1 inch slits on the top of the crust to vent. I cut into an x pattern. Mix egg with 1 tsp. water and brush egg on top of crust. Place into oven and bake until the crust is golden brown about 24-26 minutes depending on your oven.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!