Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onions
Cast Iron Skillet
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat, once hot add oil until shimmering.
- Once oil is hot and shimmering add Bacon and cook until crispy, remove to a paper towel lined plate and keep bacon fat in the pan. Once cooled chop into smaller pieces
- Same pan with bacon fat, melt the butter and add in onions and cook until softened, then add garlic, stirring until fragrant about 1-2 minutes.
- Once onions have softened slightly add in the brussels sprouts cut side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and then add in chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until most of the broth has evaporated. Stirring occasionally until brussels are tender. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!