STEAK TOPPED WITH MUSHROOMS, JALAPEÑOS AND ONIONS
Cast Iron Skillet
- Set skillet over medium- high heat, once hot add 2 tsp. oil. wait until shimmering
- While the skillet is heating up, season the steaks with both types of seasonings, and salt and pepper (to taste) on all sides and set aside to come to room temp.
- Meanwhile, slice up the onions, mushrooms and jalapeños, and dice up the garlic.
- Place all vegetables in the skillet with 1 tbsp butter and cook until a little soft and the onions become translucent and the mushrooms have become golden brown. Move to the middle of skillet to make room for the steaks.
- Place all 4 steaks into the hot skillet, surrounding the vegetables. Sear on high for 3-4 minutes per side (depending on how you like your steaks cooked, I prefer medium-rare)
- Put in the other tbsp. of butter and melt the butter, veggies together and spoon over hot steaks on both sides giving them a wonderful flavor. Let steaks rest about 5 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the steak.
I like to serve with Southern Cast Iron Skillet Green Beans with Mushrooms, Onions, and Bacon and Creamy mashed potatoes or loaded baked potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!