Slow Cooker Tacos de Carnitas
Shredded pork tacos in slow cooker
- Slow Cooker
- Rimmed Baking Sheet Pan
- Silicone Baking Mat
- 3 lbs. Boneless Pork Shoulder Trimmed of excess fat
- ¾ Cup Chicken Broth/Stock
- ¾ Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice about 2-3 limes
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 2 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- 1 small Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1½ Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Corn Tortillas
- Diced yellow onions, Cilantro for serving
- Green Salsa
- Cut pork into 2 inch pieces and place into slow cooker/instantpot. Pour in the chicken broth, orange juice and lime juice.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, coriander, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onions and garlic. Mix all ingredients together.
- Cover with lid and set slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, remove pork and shred by hand or with forks, leaving the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Put your silicone baking mat onto the baking sheet tray.
- Place pork on baking sheet, pour about 1 cup of the reserved broth (strained), drizzle with a little oil and toss the pork to coat, spreading evenly on pan.
- Position oven rack on the top shelf in oven, preheat broiler to high.
- Broil between 3-6 minutes until pork is browned with some crispy edges, stiring occasionally to get all sides of the meat the same.
- Serve warm with onions and cilantro.