Torta de Milanesa
Mexican Beef Milanesa Sandwich
- 8 4 oz Beef Cutlets
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 8 Bolilo or Telera rolls
- Chipoltle Mayonnaise Recipe below
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Sliced
- 2 Avacados Sliced
- 1 Red Onion Sliced thinly
- Pickled Jalapenos Optional
- 1 Chipotle chile in adobo sauce Diced
- 1 Lime
- 1 Can Refried Pinto or Black beans Heated til warm
- 1 canned Chipotle chile in adobo sauce Diced
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the flour in a small dish season with salt and pepper.
- Place bread crumbs in another dish.
- Put the eggs in a small bowl and beat lightly.
- Dip the cutlets into the flour, then the eggs and finally into the bread crumbs, making sure to coat each side thouroughly.
- Heat oil in braiser or large skillet to 350°F. Fry the cutlets in batches as to not crowd the pan, until golden brown on each side. About 2-3 minutes each side, depending on thickness of course 😉 (I normally can fit 2- 3 pieces at a time in my braiser.)
- Once golden brown on each side, set on sheet pan lined with paper towel and a wire rack.
- In medium sauce pan, heat the refried beans over medium heat until heated through
- In a small bowl mix together the diced chipotles and adobe with the mayonnaise, and half of a lime worth of lime juice, season with salt and pepper to taste.
To Assemble the Tortas
- Cut the rolls in half horizontally. Place one or two teaspoons of refried beans on top and bottom of each roll.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the Chipotle Mayonnaise on top of refried beans, on top and bottom of each roll.
- Place the avacado and tomato on bottom of roll, place pickled jalapenos on top side of roll,
- Place the 1 cutlet on the bottom of each roll ( if they are smaller place 2 on each) Add slices of red onion and tomato slices. Place the tops of the rolls onto the bottoms.
- I serve with Steak Style French Fries I make in my Ninja Air Fryer Oven XL
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!