This is one of my Favorite appetizers! 💜 I love Crostini topped with anything! This one I made with a few others this year for Christmas, and they were a huge hit! Everyone loved them so much that there was none left!
Smoked Salmon with Dill and Cream Cheese Crostini
- 1 French Baguette sliced into ¼ inch slices on the diagonal
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic cut in half
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese Spreadable Style
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Fresh Dill Finely Chopped
- 1 lb. Smoked Salmon I find it in the meat section of my grocery store
- 1 tsp. each Salt and Pepper
- 3 oz. Capers
- Pre-heat oven to 320° F
- Brush bread slices with oil, sprinkle with ½ tsp. salt and pepper on both sides and bake 4-6 minutes
- Remove from oven and while hot, rub with the garlic pieces and bake an additional 4-5 minutes until golden brown.Let cool before adding toppings.
Smoked Salmon Topping
- Mix together cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill as well as other ½ tsp. salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on top of each crostini piece.
- Lightly drape pieces of smoked salmon, you don't want to fold it, just lightly layer it so it looks nice. Top with a few capers and a little of the chopped dill. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!