This is one of my Favorite appetizers! 💜 I love Crostini topped with anything! This one I made with a few others this year for Christmas, and they were a huge hit! Everyone loved them so much that there was none left!
Smoked Salmon with Dill and Cream Cheese Crostini
- 1 French Baguette (sliced into ¼ inch slices on the diagonal)
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic (cut in half)
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (Spreadable Style)
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Fresh Dill (Finely Chopped)
- 1 lb. Smoked Salmon (I find it in the meat section of my grocery store)
- 1 tsp. each Salt and Pepper
- 3 oz. Capers
Pre-heat oven to 320° F
Brush bread slices with oil, sprinkle with ½ tsp. salt and pepper on both sides and bake 4-6 minutes
Remove from oven and while hot, rub with the garlic pieces and bake an additional 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool before adding toppings.
Smoked Salmon Topping
Mix together cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill as well as other ½ tsp. salt and pepper.
Spread mixture on top of each crostini piece.
Lightly drape pieces of smoked salmon, you don't want to fold it, just lightly layer it so it looks nice. Top with a few capers and a little of the chopped dill. Chill for 1 hour before serving.