Slow Cooker Bacon Green Beans
- Slow Cooker
- 4 14.5 oz cans Green Beans (Drained and rinsed (can also use fresh))
- 12 Slices Thick cut bacon (Cooked and Crumbled to small pieces)
- 6 Gloves Garlic (Minced)
- ½ Cup Butter (Melted)
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Cook bacon until crispy, drain on paper towels. Once cooled enough to touch, crumble into little pieces. Reserve bacon grease.
Mix brown sugar, garlic, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne in a large bowl and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet over medium high, sauté onions in the bacon grease until softened and translucent, Season with red pepper flakes.
Lightly grease slow cooker and place green beans and onions into it.
Pour garlic butter mixture over the green beans, stir until well combined and top with the crumbled bacon.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve hot.