Milanesa de res (Beef milanesa)
- 1 ¼ lb. thin milanesa style steaks
- 1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs (can substitue with crackers or cornflakes)
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp. Mexican Oregano
- ½ Tsp. Ground Cumin Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Chile de Arbol Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Hot sauce (I prefer Tabasco https://amzn.to/38VDt23 or Tapatío https://amzn.to/3qK5sYP)
Season the beef with salt and pepper and transter to a plate.
Add breadcrumbs and 1/2 of the spices together in a small bowl.
In another small bowl, beat the eggs with the hot sauce.
Place flour and the other half of the spices on another small plate or bowl.
Place the steaks one at a time in the flour, turning over to coat each side, shake off access.
Dip the steaks one at a time into the egg mixture, make sure to coat both sides.
Put the steaks into the seasoned breadcrumbs, coating each side thouroghly. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
Preheat ½ cup of oil to medium heat for 5-6 minutes until hot and shimmering. Once oil is hot enough, fry one milanesa at a time for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
Transfer steaks to a wire rack and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Serve as is or on a torta, (sandwhich) with a salad, Green speghetti or fried potatoes.
Milanesa de res con espagueti verde ( milanesa with green spaghetti)