Milanesa de res (Beef milanesa)
- 1 ¼ lb. thin milanesa style steaks
- 1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs can substitue with crackers or cornflakes
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp. Mexican Oregano
- ½ Tsp. Ground Cumin Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Chile de Arbol Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Hot sauce I prefer Tabasco https://amzn.to/38VDt23 or Tapatío https://amzn.to/3qK5sYP
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and transter to a plate.
- Add breadcrumbs and 1/2 of the spices together in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs with the hot sauce.
- Place flour and the other half of the spices on another small plate or bowl.
- Place the steaks one at a time in the flour, turning over to coat each side, shake off access.
- Dip the steaks one at a time into the egg mixture, make sure to coat both sides.
- Put the steaks into the seasoned breadcrumbs, coating each side thouroghly. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat ½ cup of oil to medium heat for 5-6 minutes until hot and shimmering. Once oil is hot enough, fry one milanesa at a time for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer steaks to a wire rack and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Serve as is or on a torta, (sandwhich) with a salad, Green speghetti or fried potatoes.
Milanesa de res con espagueti verde ( milanesa with green spaghetti)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!