We love southern cooking around here in my home. Nothing better than some crunchy fried pork chops with homemade gravy to do the trick on a cold winter night.
Fried Pork Chops and Homemade Gravy
Ingredients – Gravy
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Jenn's All Purpose Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Pour the buttermilk into a shallow dish, ( I use a small rimmed cookie sheet or an 8×8 brownie pan)
- In another shallow dish, stir together the flour and 2 tablespoons of "Jenn's all purpose seasoning"
- In a small bowl, combine and stir together the hot sauce, mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons of "Jenn's all purpose seasoning"
- Rub the seasoning onto both sides of the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops into the buttermilk and turn to coat each side.
- Pour enough oil into a large skillet ( I use Rachel Ray's Braiser https://amzn.to/2LH8Gx1 to come up about an inch up the sides of the pan, Heat over medium-high heat until a thermometer reaches 350° F. ( to test you can put a pinch of flour into the oil, if it bubbles then it's ready)
- Take the porkchops out of the buttermilk and allow the extra to drip off, place into the flour mixture and carefully add to the hot oil.
- Fry 3-4 at a time depending on how big of a pan you are using (don't over crowd the pan or it will drop your oil temp causing the porkchops to soak up too much oil and not get crispy) Fry for a few minutes on each side (about 3-4 minutes per side) Porkchops should read 150° F.
- Transfer porkchops to a wire rack lined sheet pan to drain (don't put on paper towels or porkchops will get soggy on the bottom)
Instructions- Homemade gravy
- Drain all but 2 teaspoons of oil from pan that previously had the porkchops
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a minute, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the half-and-half, a little at a time. Bring the gravy to a simmer and simmer until thickened, whisking occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in Jenn's all purpose seasoning and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate a porkchop top with gravy and enjoy.
- I serve with Sautéed squash and zucchini
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!