- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a 12 inch pan, add the oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Continue cooking until veggies are translucent which is about 5-8 minutes. Set aside on plate.
- In a large bowl, combine salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin and eggs, ketchup and Mexican creama (sour cream if using)
- In another large bowl, combine the veggies, hamburger, chorizo and diced poblano chile. Mix well with hand and pour the egg mixture on top of the mixed meats, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a comal or heavy skillet over high heat, add the whole tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves and serrano chiles. Cook turning frequently, until lightly charred on all sides. Take off heat and when cool enough to handle, peel the garlic.
- Add all of the charred ingredients to a food processor or blender, pulse until chunky then pour into a small pan on medium heat.
- Add sugar, diced chipotle chile and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the meatloaf and arrange on a platter and spoon over the salsa glaze
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!