CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
- Cut potatoes into about 1/4 inch slices, place in colander and run under cold water about 30-60 seconds, moving around to make sure all slices are getting wet.
- Transfer potatoes to a medium Dutch oven, add cold water to cover by about 1 inch, bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 20-25 mintues until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are simmering, heat the heavy cream and butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat until the butter is fully melted about 5-6 minutes, take off heat and put a lid on to keep warm.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the Dutch oven, stir over low heat until the potatoes are dry and there is no more water seen on them. about 2 minutes. Set a ricer over a large bowl and press the potatoes a little at a time through the ricer.
- Mix in the butter and heavy cream mixture into the potatoes with spatula, add salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!